OUR TAMALES ARE FULLY COOKED, YOU ONLY NEED TO CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED WAY TO HEAT THEM
For best results, it is recommended to heat refrigerated or frozen tamales by STEAMING them.
COOKING STEAMER or POT WITH COLANDER/STRAINER:
Instructions for 2 lb pack
1. Fill steamer or pot with enough water keeping it under the surface of the colander.
3. Remove the tamales from the plastic packaging and place them with open side up around edge of pot
(keep corn husk wrapping on).
4. Be sure to close pot tightly.
5. Steam tamales for 20-30 min. if refrigerated or 30 min. if frozen.
1. Use instructions included with steamer to calculate steaming time.
Wrap individual tamal in wet towel to heat
in microwave 1 minute when thawed,
or 2 minutes when frozen.
Warning: tamales may overheat in microwave due to differences in power, and the result can be dried edges.
More Heating and Serving Suggestion:
1. Place your favorite cooking oil (olive oil, vegetable oil, etc.) in a pan.
2. Be sure that tamales are completely thawed.
3. Remove husk from tamales, place them in pan, and cover with a lid.
4. Flip tamales over every 2-3 minutes.
5. Tamales are ready when outer layer is crispy.
*Serve with your favorite side for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!!!
USING OUR TAMALES TOPPINGS:
We offer special gourmet salsas for all of our tamales. You may want to enhance the flavor of your dish by using the following toppings.
CHILE VERDE PORK - use on our Pork Tamales, Chicken Tamales, or Jalapeño Tamales
TINGA CHICKEN -use on Chicken Tamales
TOMATILLO - use on our Chicken Tamales
RANCHERA - use on our Jalapeno Tamales
CHIPOTLE & PICA - can be used on any of our tamales to make them a bit more spicy